"There is no substitute for the essence of your "womanness." This book challenges the status quo. It not only explains how to recognize our own value and worth, as women, but it also reminds us that we are allowed to be our "self" and there is so much that is amazing about who we are as women."
1. Tell us about your background and journey. I am a native of Eatonton, Georgia, and have enjoyed writing for quite a while. My journey to “Lipstick Red! I Am Me!” is a result of realizing since we are unique to our “Self,” we have no one to compete with in the world, in the workplace, or in life. Also, as a victim of domestic violence, I strongly believe no one has the right to suppress one’s “becoming.” In the cycle of abuse, we can get trapped and believe there is no way out...but there is. I motivate women to discover the individuality and gifts they have within. They should realize they are unique to their very own “Self.”
2. When did you decide that you wanted to be a writer? I have been writing for years. It is like a hobby for me.
3. Do you write for a living, or do you have another career? I do not write for a living, yet. I have a career as an asset manager. I have been in multi-family/asset management since 2008.
4. Who is your favorite author, and why? I do not have a favorite author yet; however, I enjoy reading the King James Version Bible and my mentor, Susan Yandle Middleton, gave a book to me years ago entitled, “Think and Grow Rich,” by Napoleon Hill. This is one of my favorite books because of the wisdom it has within for its reader.
5. What inspires you? I am inspired by life. Also, I find much joy by beholding the beauty and magnificence of God’s Earth just by looking up towards the sky on a bright sunny day. The feeling is something I just can’t describe.
6. What does your typical day look like as an author? During a typical day as an author, I serve the community I manage, plan social media posts, write more, and find ways to let the whole world know about, “Lipstick Red! I Am Me!”
7. What is the name of your book? What is it about? What inspired you to write it? “Lipstick Red! I Am Me!” is the name of the book, and it parallels the power of red lipstick to the unique attributes in all women. Seeing women needed to know they are unique to themselves was one source of inspiration. The consequences of holding on to toxic relationships and the need to communicate to women about discovering their gifts were also what inspired me.
8. What piece of advice would you like to give to future aspiring writers? Everyone has a unique story to tell. What’s yours?
This book can be purchased at: https://www.amazon.com/Lipstick-Red-I-Am-Me/dp/194792849X